Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Paddy's Big News

I've been a blogging slacker lately. I really have no reason, just been a slacker.

Our exciting news has made its way to most of our friends and family - but for those of you who keep up with us online - Paddy is going to be a big brother! Pat and I couldn't be more excited, Paddy couldn't be more indifferent ;-) He'll understand later, but for now, he continues on oblivious to the big change coming in his life. My due date is March 29th.

We've had a busy couple months since his birthday. Paddy and I traveled to Chicago for Diana's shower and our friend's Greg and Dana's wedding. Mema and Papa visited us Labor Day weekend. Pat and I made our way to Chicago again in September to go to the Notre Dame San Diego State game. Paddy got to spend the day with Grandma visiting everyone. We were lucky enough on that trip to meet Paddy's newest cousin Quinn. Quinn was born September 2nd.

Our little man is walking! He started walking July 26th and has just kept on going. I suppose its more of a toddle than a walk - but he gets around pretty well. My Dad says he walks just like I did, which is to say he drags one leg behind a bit. Paddy leads with his left leg and the right leg follows. His hips never seem to be square. I think he's working either on a good batting stance or the perfect golf swing.

Paddy also chats up a storm. His actual words are limited, but he's much better at communicating. Up and yes are two of his favorite words. He hasn't learned NO, but certainly has figured out how to shake his head no.

We hope everyone is well!

3 comments:

Diana and Sunny said...

Yay! I've been checking for this post! And I've been wondering, are you going to call this one Peanut, too?

Foys said...

This one has been dubbed Pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

Katie and Pat -

What wonderful news! Wishing you a healthly, uneventful pregnancy!

xoxo,

Kate