Saturday, April 19, 2008

Diaper Allergy

I've been fighting a rash on Paddy for what seems like months. I'm never able to get in front of it. We've tried about every single cream on the market and finally settled on Triple Paste. The Triple Paste seems to help quite a bit, though never entirely clear the rash up.

We visited the pediatrician this week for Paddy's nine month checkup and spent a lot of time discussing said rash. Poor Paddy - he seems to be allergic to Pampers. We're trying a new diaper for the next 2 weeks to see if that helps clear up the rash. If not we have to switch to cloth diapers :-(

I admire anyone who can do cloth diapers, but honestly, I'm just not organized enough to do them. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my laundry (and lets be honest, I don't do the laundry, Pat does) much less adding in diapers to the mix. But, we'll make the switch if necessary.

Other than the rash, the 9 month appointment went very well. Paddy weighs 17lbs 13oz and is 27.5 inches long. For all of you percentage trackers that puts him in the 15th percentile for weight and the 50th for height.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, poor Paddy - but really, poor Katie and Pat. Cloth diapers are very smelly even after they've been rinsed out in the toilet. My advise: get a diaper service!