We had a busy month, it seems we get busier and busier as time goes along.
We had our first trip to the Zoo with Paddy's friend Asher. It was a bit cold, so we stuck to all the indoor exhibits. We saw the fish getting fed (I enjoyed it, Paddy not so interested) and rode the monorail around the zoo where you could see all the outdoor animals. If winter would ever end here in Minnesota, we'd go check out all the outside exhibits. It snowed here in April, but we'll get to that later.
Paddy, Pat and I celebrated St. Patrick's Day in style. Pat pledged never to work another St. Patrick's Day in his life. He made good on his pledge and we were able to spend the day together. We took Paddy to Patrick McGovern's for lunch and green beer. We were surprised when the Minneapolis Police Bagpippers showed up. LOUD! Paddy wasn't so sure about them, but did great until the drummer started banging on the drum. As long as I was holding him he was fine, but wanted nothing to do with sitting on his own with all the noise.
Pat finally got a Saturday off and took Paddy to swim lessons. They had a wonderful time splashing around in the pool. He's far more interested in the toys in the pool than anything else. He does splash around and laugh which makes me happy. It was Paddy's last lesson of the first session. He got a certificate and everything.
Paddy and I left a week later for a trip to Chicago. We got to attend Audrey's first birthday and visit with lots of family. My flight to Chicago was cancelled - but I was luckily rebooked for a flight only 1 hour later. I was a "victim" of the American Airlines reinspect the planes fiasco. My flight home was also cancelled due to snow in Minneapolis/St. Paul. I was supposed to fly home March 31 - but 8 inches of snow changed that. I managed to get home the next day, though the airlines initially rebooked me to St. Louis (I would have finally been able to see Diana's new house). I've flown a lot of times, and this was the first time my flight had ever been cancelled, much less cancelled both ways. And in case you were wondering -the snow is still on the ground, just less of it.
Paddy LOVES to stand on everything. He thinks anything that is higher than he is while laying on the floor is something he can pull up on. He's begun cruising along the furniture - though only to the right. Its very strange. This causes issues when he gets to the end of the couch - he's not sure what to do. He still hasn't figured out how to get down, so usually he begins chirping for someone to help him down. Fun during the day - not so much at night when he should be sleeping.
Sleep continues to be a huge challenge. Paddy is not a fan of sleeping. Napping is almost non-existant and night time sleep is certainly less than my tired eyes would like. Through it all he continues to be a very happy baby though so I try not to worry too much about the sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment