We just got back from a whirlwind tour of Milwaukee and Chicago. Though home is St. Paul, family is definitely Milwaukee and Chicago. We spent Friday night through Sunday morning in Milwaukee. It was great to see everyone.
On a random side note, we went running (yes, I am allowed to run) at the Petit Ice Center in Milwaukee. Its the long track Olympic Speed Skating Training Center. By chance, it was the day of the Long Track US Championship. We got to see Shani Davis, Kip Carpenter among others. Admitedly I'm not a speed skating guru, but it was pretty neat to see. Plus there were skaters from other countries and I LOVE US vs Them in pretty much any sport. I've been known to watch curling if its the US vs anyone. I was of course the pacer for Shani Davis as I ran my lightning fast 11:30 mile pace around the track. He was always trying to keep up with me.
We spent Sunday in Chicago where we got to visit with my Parents and Mom Mom (Dad's Mom) during the day. Christmas Eve was spent with the entire McCoyd family. It was really fun to watch how excited Aidan and Mia were, especially Christmas morning. Monday brought us back to Milwaukee for Church and Christmas with the Foy family. We finally got to see Anne's new condo, Pat was very jealous.
We had a great Christmas, got lots of fun gifts. The best gift was finally getting to spend Christmas together after 2 years apart on Christmas Day.
I've made it into the 2nd Trimester (or close enough anyway, technically its 13 weeks 3 days, but 13 weeks is close enough for me). I'm desperately clinging to my "normal" clothes. I'm hoping to get through 5 more weeks. I think I'm being a bit optimistic/unrealistic though. We'll see.
I have days where I eat pretty much non-stop, yesterday for example. I ate so much, Pat laughed at me. I'm feeeling very well, no more nausea at all, though I had very little of it.
We're off to Arizona on Friday to visit Grandma and Grandpa Foy and celebrate New Years with Pat's parents, Anne and Todd. I think I'm the designated driver :-)
-Katie
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment