Friday, January 12, 2007

How can I sleep?

Sorry for the long time between posts. It’s been fairly unexciting.

We had our 2nd doctor’s appointment this week. Weight, blood pressure, and check for the Peanut's heart beat. In case you were curious, my weight and blood pressure are good. The poor med student had a hard time finding the Peanut's heartbeat. I'd have been nervous, but she couldn't find mine either and I was pretty sure I was alive. The doctor had no trouble at all and found it right away. Everything sounds good. I'm measuring right on schedule. Our next appointment will include and ultrasound which should be fun.

We read our Pregnancy Week by Week book every Thursday (thank you Linda). This week I learned all about acceptable sleeping positions. I have to tell you, sleeping is going to become a huge challenge for me. Sleeping on your back was ruled completely out. I never fall asleep on my back, but I have no idea if I roll over and end up that way. Apparently I'm supposed to sleep with a pillow on my side so I can't roll over. Okay. The more disturbing issue is not sleeping on my stomach. Uhhh, I always fall asleep on my stomach, always. To date it hasn't been an issue, but I see how it will soon become one. The recommended sleeping position is on your left side, knees slightly bent possibly with a pillow between them. Is this for real? Anyone? Can't I just sleep? I thought one of the keys to a happy healthy pregnancy was getting plenty of rest. I'm going to be so worried about how I'm sleeping; I'm not going to sleep.

Anne visited us this past weekend which was a lot of fun. We took her grocery shopping where she got to participate in our three grocery store games. 1) We take our blood pressure at the machine at the pharmacy, best blood pressure and pulse rate wins. 2) Soda wars, whichever soda, Coke or Pepsi is on sale we buy. Pat prefers Pepsi, I prefer Coke. 3) Guess the total cost of the groceries. We're fairly certain Anne cheated as she won all three.

We're off to Hayward, WI tomorrow for a wedding (Pat's cousin Jay). That should conclude our travels until our vacation in March. I say that full well knowing we'll go somewhere before then :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sleeping on your side can be a good thing - beside, you don't have much choice at this point :-)

Anonymous said...

Anon could use some spelling assistance :-) Love, MOM