Monday, April 23, 2007

An exercise in sleep deprivation

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so I've had probably the easiest pregnancy imaginable. I never really got morning sickness, I've felt really well, I've passed all the 8 million blood tests, I continue to measure on time, and things have been generally uneventful, though very exciting.

Apparently, everyone has to pay their dues to the Pregnancy gods. I am paying through sleep deprivation. I've finally gotten accustomed to sleeping on my side, but as Peanut grows, my poor belly weighs more and more. Now when I sleep on my side, the weight of my belly pulls on my back, making me very uncomfortable. So the only comfortable position is on my back when my weight is centered. However, after laying on my back for 10 minutes my fingers get tingly (something to do with the baby weight pressing on the vena cava artery). So back to my side I go, only to have my back start hurting 5 minutes later. Side, back, side, back. Not very condusive to sleeping. I finally solved this problem last night by sleeping in the lazy boy. Blah. At least I got some sleep.

In happier news, we have new blinds in our room!!! Yay. Pat and Linda visited this weekend and hung new blinds in our bedroom. When we moved in there were these horribly ugly curtains that I hated and we just hadn't replaced for various not very good reasons. The new blinds make me much much happier, and make the room much much nicer. I wish we had done it earlier.

We also had the Secret Gardener mulch our garden. As promised it took less than 45 minutes. It was a task I'm sure would have taken Pat and I an entire day.

Slowly our house is coming together, which is a very nice feeling. We have one big project (enclose the downstairs "random" room; and one small project (get the master bathroom un-wallpapered and painted).

We have baby class tonight where we get to see a birth video - Pat's not as excited as I am because he's already seen live births.

No comments: