Monday, June 18, 2007

H-O-T Hot

It is hot, really hot. This past weekend the temperatures were in the 90s. To my pregnant self, that translates to about 1 billion degrees. Needless to say, we didn't do a lot of outside activities.

We did, however, manage to assemble almost all of the remaining baby items. On Saturday I got the Pack-n-Play put together and the Exer-Saucer. The Exer-Saucer has about 300 pieces and 100 toys, so it took me over 2 hours, but it looks good! The Pack-N-Play was far less complicated. Teresa (who was in town with Matt for a wedding) put the bouncy seat together on Sunday. I think we are all assembled!

Matt helped Pat take apart the bed in the spare room and move it to the basement. The spare room is now offically a nursery. As soon as its set up, I'll take some pictures. We also put a Lazy Boy in the room instead of a rocking chair. We'll see how that goes. Pat thinks he'll sit on the lazy boy and watch TV while feeding Peanut. I vetoed the TV in the room.

Most importantly, Matt got the surround sound set up for Peanut. We'd hate for our child not to experience the full capability of our sound system. Pat and I could never get it to work and Matt got it set up in about 2 hours. We're clearly not very savvy.

We went to the Brewers vs Twins game on Saturday and had a ton of fun. The Brewers won - which made it even better. There were tons of Brewers fans and lots of cheering. I think Pat was in heaven. We sat in front of a woman in a full length gown wearing patton leather shoes. She had some of the most interesting baseball questions ever:

1) What is the foul ball to strike ratio?
2) How come the players keep leaving the bases before the ball is hit?
3) Why can't Justin Morneau bat more often, he seems to hit it better?

No comments: