We went to our friend's Brian and Amy's wedding this weekend in Minneapolis - Congratulations Brian and Amy!!! As we haven't told anyone our news, I needed a stealth way to not answer 8 million questions about why I wasn't drinking at the open bar (thank you Brian and Amy). After a conversation with the bar tender explaining my situation (funny how telling a complete stranger is no big deal) we had a plan. I spent the night drinking tonic with a lime, which was easily passed off as a gin and tonic.
The only problem with this solution is that Tonic is pretty disgusting. I don't mind it at all with a little gin or even vodka in it, but the plain old tonic just didn't do it for me. So I wandered around all night with my glass of tonic and lime pretending to really like it. Pat was very helpful during the Champagne toast alternating drinking out of my glass and his. What a trooper. I need to come up with a better fake drink for the next 4 weeks because even though I've had no sign of morning sickness, I'm pretty sure continuing to drink straight tonic will cause me to be ill.
On the other hand, pancakes are really good, especially when served in bed, and when I didn't have to cook them. Apparently being pregnant has some pretty good upsides - who doesn't like breakfast in bed? I wonder if that trend will continue for the next 8 months??
6 weeks down, 34 to go.
-Katie and Pat
Monday, November 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment