Thursday, May 10, 2007

8 months, puffy and ringless

Yay! We've hit the 8 month mark - 32 weeks.

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. I'm measuring at 32 weeks, so right on schedule. Peanut has a heart rate of 130 and is head down, which I must say I am pretty excited about.

I'm starting to have some very puffy ankles. The puffiness was not aided by the 6 hour car ride to and from Chicago/Milwaukee. The doctor assures me that they look perfectly normal for an 8 month pregnant lady. I think they look like cankles (calf and ankle all in one)

Sadly, I had to put my wedding and engagement ring on the disabled list. I made it 32 weeks, and my fingers just weren't having it any more. I'd really like to get one of those gaudy costume jewelry ones, in pink. Mostly to avoid the "notice the belly, check for a wedding ring" looks from random people. Hey, I'm pregnant, my rings just don't fit. I thought about getting a shirt that said 'Yes, I'm married', but that's probably over the top.

We learned in our baby class that Peanut can hear and will recognize voices, and songs after birth. Pat now sings it the Fight Song every night before going to bed. We're not prematurely brainwashing our child are we?

No comments: