Whew, he finally made it into the world. It took a lot of cajoling, but he finally agreed to come and meet us (and hopefully all of you very soon).
We checked into the hospital Saturday morning as scheduled and we're promptly sent home. This was pretty tough news for me, but what can you do? Fortunately, Grandma and Grandpa Foy were in town and we were able to have lunch with them and go for a nice walk around Lake Como.
We went back to the hospital at 5pm to see if the drugs I'd been given on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday morning were starting to work. The doctor switched drugs and we checked in for the night. It was a long night the required some morphine for me.
Sunday morning things finally started rolling!! I was started on Pitocin at 8am. I made it until about 11 before needing an epidural. The contractions were making me sick (no fun), and I didn't think I'd make it the enitre day doing that. By 5pm we were at 10 centimeters.
We had a 3 hour and 51 minute "labor", but in the end produced this absolutely perfect little guy at 8:46pm weighing 8 lbs 90z and 21 inches long....

1 comment:
What's his name?
Post a Comment