Thursday, July 26, 2007

Patrick Christopher Foy, III

Okay, so I forgot to put his name in the last post. I plead sleep deprivation.

Patrick Christopher Foy, III. Pat and I call him Paddy.

Our first week and a half have been great, though exhausting. We are still trying to figure out all his little nuances. Eating the first several days was a challenge, our little guy showed little interest. We've gotten much better over the last several days. We'll head back to the lactation consultant tomorrow to see if we can't figure out latching on. We had our first visit to the doctor, and everything looked great.

So far he is a generally happy fellow. He sure doesn't do a lot of complaining - only when he's cold or hungry. We have to make him cold to wake him up to convince him to eat, so I suppose he only complains when we wake him up.
I'm feeling much better. The first couple days were hard, I was exhausted. Not to mention, the rash I developed the last month has intensified. I have to say, its really not very fun. PUPPS is supposed to go away about a week after delivery but can last up to 7 weeks. I apparently didn't get the standard version, as the lovely rash is still hanging around. I wish the rash would go away, but its hard to complain too much when you have this perfect little guy at home.




All the Pat's


Grace, Grandma, and Paddy

Grandpa, Paddy, and Grandma

No comments: